NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:50:50 -0500
I suggest you visit a health food store. There is one near me which sells a
normal margarine which has no whey or any other dairy in it. A local
supermarket has started selling a margarine which is advertised as lactose
free and appears to be regular in all other ways. I have cooked with the one
marg for 2 years and used marg for years before that successfully.

Oil,  on the other hand, would be really different to cook with. Many
recipes wouldn't be able to handle it. You might be better off cooking with
Crisco vegetable shortening and adding salt, if you can't find dairy free
marg.

Good luck.

Don M.

I have a 1 yr. old with a =