NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rose Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 01:03:33 EST
In a message dated 2/22/99 10:35:58 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  As for the ear
 infection, it could have been triggered by the milk allergy - it's not
 uncommon.  >>

It could be milk-related, but the ear infection could be from something else,
as well. Our son didn't get any milk in his diet after he was 10 months old
(except for a few accidents over the years -- he's 6 now); but he had a bout
of back-to-back ear infections that were eventually linked to environmental
allergies. He had very severe allergies to dust, mold and cats.
While we were trying to figure out what was causing the ear infections, they
began to subside and then, he started having frequent asthmatic episodes.
It was sooo frustrating.
Luckily, his reactions to environmental allergies have lessened those he's
still clearly allergic to dust and mold (half-moon purple shiners under the
eyes; sometimes red, itchy eyes; clear runny nose; increased excema on cheeks
and forearms and hands)
But really, he's much better than he was.  So, there's hope!