NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 09:35:58 -0600

> I am trying to still investigate the dangers of lactose in
medications.  Has
> anyone on this list ever talked to the Federal Food and Drug
Administration?  I
> called one company that recommended not using the medication because
of the
> lactose in the medication because it was derived from cow milk.

I discovered recently that my store-brand Sudafed generic contains
lactose - because I was taking it regularly, two or three tablets a
day, and having my lactose-induced diarrhea daily.  Knowing I was
taking in no lactose from other sources, I looked at the makeup of the
pills, and there it is.  Stopping the pills stopped the diarrhea.  They
may say there's not enough to do any damage, but evidence (for me at
least) points to the contrary.

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!