AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:41:32 -0500
Hi folks,

I came across this cleaning up my PR-Forum folder of over 4,000 e-mail items!  I
thought it really interesting for the brilliance of the idea of an American
Univesity of Kinshasa, and the hard-hitting response it generated.  The exchange,
I think, should be an education why it is so important that Africa has good
governance, and stability.  There simply is no way people are going to take you
seriously, no matter how noble your intentions, if all they hear and see about
Africa is civil strife, incompetence, and corruption.  I'm getting off my soap
box for now.  The dialog follows; the response first, and then the original
posting.

Katim