AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 07:20:21 -0500
In recent years, a few academic reports have pointed to pockets of
race-based inequality in our criminal justice system. But now, for the
first time, LCCR/LCEF is presenting the scope of the problem. Instead of
focusing on one area of inequality, for example racial profiling or
sentencing disparities, "Justice on Trial: Racial Disparities in the
American Criminal Justice System," takes a broad look at how our criminal
justice system treats minorities. The results are stark for not only
African Americans, but for Latinos, Asian Americans and Native Americans as
well.

The report:
http://www.civilrights.org/policy_and_legislation/pl_issues/criminal_justice
/index.html

The Leadership Conference on Civil Rights:
http://www.civilrights.org/index_active.html

If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have
freed thousands more.  -- Harriet Tubman