Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kenneth Alan Boyd Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 04:20:17 -0400
> Date:    Fri, 2 Jul 1999 17:31:23 -0700
> From:    Hal Leininger <[log in to unmask]>
>
> I have a Hitachi Super Scan (CM2085MU) that has a 9 pin analog connection
> as well as BNC connectors. I also have a VGA to BNC cable. R,G and B are
> obvious but the Black cable is unmarked relative to H or V and the
> Grey cable somehow has both of the H and V stickers. Anyone know which is
> H and which is V?
> I also tried a 9 to 15 pin cable on the analog connector but got no
> screen. I suppose the pinouts are incompatible...Hitachi's web site is
> remarkably uninformative other than listing frequencies relative to screen
> size. I had hoped to find a wiring diagram.
> Thanks...

If you have access to an oscilloscope or frequency meter, you could hook
up everything but the two unknown BNC connectors.  The high frequency
will be the Horizontal and the low frequency will be Vertical.

If you only have an ohmmeter or a conductivity tester (even a flashlight),
check the VGA to BNC cable (by itself).  The VGA connector pin 13 should
be connected to the Horizontal BNC connector center pin.  Pin 14 to Vertical.

VGA RGB connector (from Thom Hogan's "The Programmer's PC Sourcebook", p479)
                        (ISBN 1-55615-118-7)
Pin  Function                      Mono Disp.      Color Disp.   Direction
 #                                                               (from PC)
1    Red                                            Red Output        Out
2    Green                         Mono Output      Green Output      Out
3    Blue                                           Blue Output       Out
4    RESERVED
5    Digital Ground                Self Test        Self Test

6    Red return (analog ground)    KEY              Red return
7    Green return (analog ground)  Mono Return      Green return
8    Blue return (analog ground)                    Blue return
8    Plug
10   Digital ground                Digital ground   Digital ground

11   RESERVED                                       Digital ground
12   RESERVED                      Digital ground
13   Horizontal drive              Horizontal drive Horizontal drive  Out
14   Vertical drive                Vertical drive   Vertical drive    Out
15   RESERVED

Boyd Ramsay

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html