Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Joseph H. Bishop" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 06:09:09 -0400
Wendy Brown wrote:

>   If soap is detrimental to a trackball mouse,
> would someone let me know??
>
> Regards,
> Wendy Brown

Hi Wendy,
I don't know what effect the soap will have on the ball itself but the reason
that
common household rubbing alcohol is recommended for cleaning the inside and
rollers is that it is 70% pure alcohol and 30% inert ingredients.....most of
which
are petroleum distillates which lubricate the rollers and provide smooth movement
of the cursor.. Denatured alcohol would clean too thoroughly and make the
movements erratic.
Hope this provides some insight.
Joseph H. Bishop
PuterDoc