Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bill Nussbaumer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:33:15 -0500
I also found that I had somewhat similar shutdown problems due to antivirus
software.  In my case it was McAffe and an update to the latest version
fixed the problem.  Use Ctrl-Alt-Del to disable programs one at a time
before shutting down the computer and try to figure if one of them are
causing the problem.  Don't forget to see if any sound files played during
shutdown are doing it too.

Bill Nussbaumer

At 09:06 AM 2/2/99 +1300, you wrote:
>I've found that when I'm using Norton's Anti Virus and I've powered it down
>for    some reason i.e. doing cd burning, that when I go to shut down my
>puter it stalls at the "windows is shutting down screen". My guess is that
>if your problem isn't caused by your anti-virus software it will be some
>other programme sitting in the background. I noticed you made the comment
>about your problem happening "lately". Try to remember if you've installed
>any new software on your puter lately.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html