Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 11:38:33 -0400
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Lynnet Bannion wrote:

> It doesn't amount to a lot of calories (1200-1400 usually), but it is
> quite
> satisfying to me.

Your implementation of paleo is very interesting.  I note that
your daily consumption of meat comes to about 10 ounces, at most,
so that most of your fat intake is from monounsaturated sources:
nuts and olive oil.  Even though you are getting most of your
calories from fat, your caloric intake is low.

I have discovered that a similar approach also lowers my
cholesterol, which tends to be high.  This "light paleo" strategy
is very different from the "heavy paleo" strategy in which meat
and animal fat dominate and caloric intake is high.  On a heavy
paleo diet, my cholesterol soars and I gain weight, though
slowly.

I think it would be interesting to know how many people have
experimented with both ways of doing paleo, and what their
experience has been.

Todd Moody