Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 11:39:31 -0800
Coffee and wine are my favorite "cheats".  I don't think they need to be
so bad if things are otherwise stable.  Overdone, they will certainly sap
your energy.  As long as I get the good stuff,  (especially) enough
animal protein and fat,  but also enough water and enough healthy carbs
(e.g. low glycemic index veggies, preferred fruits), I don't crave
anything and the limited "cheats"  don't seem to do any harm.

While I'm very dedicated to a paleo way of eating, I'm far from any
ultra-orthodox approach.  However, anyone who is trying to get stable on
a paleo way of eating and wants to enjoy the benefits in terms of energy
level, etc,  I would advise to avoid candy especially carefully.  Recheck
your high quality protein intake if that stuff even looks appetizing to
you.

Reminder that  even the "conventional wisdom" for protein intake says
approximately 0.5 grams per pound of lean body mass per day as a goal.
This is for the healthy but not extraordinarily active person.  Health
challenges and high activity levels could warrant a higher base target
level, even according to "conventional wisdom".

I had blood sugar problems, low energy, metal fogginess and other such
problems for years.  They all disappeared when I got enough protien,
carefully eliminated all grain products and generally avoided other
refined carbs.

Happy paleo eating.