Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Caryl Wattman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:35:47 EST

<<I found out that bee stings don't swell up now that I am gluten free.>>

I wish it didn't take so many years to begin to piece together all this stuff
about diet and allergies and good health.

That's fascinating about no bee sting swelling.  I have been increasingly
allergic to bee stings.  The allergen in bee stings is histamine, I know; I
have looked up histamines several times on the Web but didn't find anything I
could understand.  Like many of the postings on this list, the explanations of
histamine were so detailed that I couldn't follow them, much less relate them
to larger principles.  Anyway, I have also been severely allergic to poison
ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac -- almost hospitalized as a kid and was
hospitalized in college -- and that also is from something histamine-
connected.

So what is the relationship between gluten intolerance and histamines?  What
other ramifications are there of this complex?

Caryl