Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 05:06:46 -0400
...contd...

Then, the main principle of paleolithic nutrition is, as i understand it,
to identify the true paleolithic food items we are adapted to best and
then try to simulate them with presently available food items.

But it's not clear or undisputed which the items were, in which percentages
and in how long of adaption time.

One approach to find them is to go to archeological findings and infer
from them to probable food. Another is to look at the present gatherer/hunter
people and assume they did like 100k years before.

Another approach is to take the basic food requirements that have been found
(vitamins, fats) and compare them to the *naturally* paleo-available food items.
This way we could find ac
tual food items we were adapted to.

>I am bombarded with
>information and it helps in processing the data ( a lot of it
>conflicting) to understand the objectives of the source.
I see that too.
I try to cope with it by concentrating on some key points
and not going into very specialized studies.
I think it is possible to learn about these key-points and connect them
to existing info with a reasonable effort.
The w-3 fats for example. We don't have to go in each and every detail and
study on present nutrition because we (here) can concentrate on
paleo-available food items.
This way i got one more point of view on paleonutrition.
In this case pointing towards the importance of
(some) nuts or brains/marrow or dark green vegetables.

>What is the solution to finding a better diet?  Beats me.  I run my
>experiments with a sample size of one (me) and hope for the best.

How
many are listening here?
I think there's a bigger sample size than one,
if more could share their experiences.
Alas there are few personal experieces reported yet.

>Still searching,
>mark

Still searching too,

Amadeus