NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 20:04:14 EDT
In a message dated 9/11/98 10:09:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< She did
 not seem like an alarmist, was very professional and mainstream straight
 scientific, and she advised that lifelong allergy this strong can become
 an anaphylactic reaction suddenly and without notice.  Has anyone else
 been advised in this way? >>

Yes, I have, for my son.  The premise for it is that prior reactions do not
necessarily predict how severe the next reaction will be.  It depends on a
number of things, one of which is the amount of the allergic food the child
ingests or is exposed to.  A mild reaction one time can be followed by a
severe reaction the next time--and vice versa (though personally, I have only
seen the severe variety <G>).  So carry the Epi-pen everywhere and play it
safe.

Lynda