From:
Louise Steen-Sprang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:55:39 -0500

The last one!  Here are the 7 recipes people suggested. The fenster recipe,
which got the highest praise, is aviablable on the web.
http://kitchenlink.com/chframed/rightsds.html
Louise

#1->I don'' know what kind of answers you received, but the best pizza crust

#2- Hi ,I use  a recipe using the betty hagman mix,it comes out real doughy
and is the best that I have had so far.
   1 1/2 cups betty hagman mix
   1 1/2 teasp baking powder
   1 teasp xanthan gum
   1/2 teasp salt
   1 teasp sugar
   7/8 cup lukewarm water
   1 tablespoon rapid rising yeast
   1 egg or 1/4 cup egg sub.
   1 tablespoon vegetable oil
   425 oven   spray 15" pizza pan with veg. oil spray
  Blend the flour baking powder,xanthan gum, and salt, set aside. Add
sugar to the water and stir in yeast,let bubble slightly.
 In a mixing bowl beat with hand mixer at low speed, the egg,oil,and the
yeast water.Beat in half the flour.With a spoon stir in the rest.
 Pour the batter onto the prepared pizza pan and spread with a spatula
with slightly raised edges. Allow to rise 10 minutes and then add
sauce,cheese, and whatever else you want.It says to bake for 25 to 30
minutes but our oven cooks it in 15 minutes.
 The recipe sounds like a lot of work but after a couple of times its
real easy.

#3- You can try this recipe for white bread but maybe reduce the sugar and
increase the salt a little and it might taste more like pizza crust.  For
me, mixes never quite do the trick:
Gluten Free Bread - Barbara Emch
Mix with wisk:
2 cups tapioca starch
2 cups fine rice flour
2/3 cup nonfat dry milk
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup plus 1 T sugar
2 pkgs fast rise yeast
Mix with dough hooks in large bowl:
1 1/4 cups warm water
3 large eggs (warm by putting in bowl of warm water)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon juice
Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat for several minutes.
Place in two greased loaf pans and allow to rise for at least 1 hour in
slightly warm oven with a pan of warm water.  Remove loaves while oven is
preheated to 350 deg, then bake for about 25 min or until done.  Allow to
cool for a few minutes, then remove from pans and cool on racks.  Cut
into slices and freeze.  Defrost by microwaving or toasting.  May be used
for pizza dough or rolls, but baking time must be shortened. =3D20
It's important if you are making pizza to allow the dough to rise for an
hour, then remove from oven as oven is preheating and bake the dough
completely before putting the toppings on.  Otherwise, your pizza will be
mushy and the dough will be very gluey.  Good luck

#4 - more recipes -
Am sending along a wonderful recipe for soft white bread that came over
this list,  that I use for hamburger rolls, hot dog rolls, and pizza.  I
purchase the aluminum pie tins for the hamburger rolls, at a paper goods
store.  I usually brush the tops of the hamburger rolls, after they have
risen with a little egg wash and sprinkles with either sesame seeds or
poppy seeds.. This dough also makes wonderful pizza shells, sending along
a suggestion for pizza made by Beth Hillson of the Gluten Free Pantry at
the recent CSA conferencence in Rhode Island, works great!  Enjoy!
Soft White Bread (Made in mixer, does not require bread macine)
In a small bowl combine:
1/2 cup warm water                      2 teaspoons sugar
4 teaspoons dry yeast granules
Set aside and let stand for 15 minutes

2 cups white rice flour         2 cups tapioca flour
1/4 cup sugar                   4 teaspoons xanthan gum
2/3 cup dry milk                        1 1/2 teaspoons salt
Combine the above six ingredients in a large bowl. (used my largest mixer
bowl)

1 1/2 cups water                        4 tablespoons melted butter or oil
1 teaspoon G/F vinegar          3 eggs
Mix above four ingredients and add the butter mixture and yeast mixture
to the dry ingredients.  Beat on high for 2 minutes. Transfer to bread
pan and allow to rise in  pan.  Bake at 350 degrees 20-25 minutes.
Adjust time depending on size of loafs.( I also made dividers in a small
aluminum pan with foil, for the hot dog rolls, spray with G/F oil before
adding dough, or for hamburger rolls, I use small aluminum pie tins
approximately 4" across, press out the crease in the bottom with your
thumb, spray with oil, place about 12 on a cookie sheet, divide dough
into these 12 pans.  Whatever your choice let dough rise in the pans,
before baking, for these two choices, bake  from 12-20 minutes until
delicately browned)

Easy Pizza Shells (These work best using personal size pizzas 6" or so in
diameter)
Make up any bread dough, if using bread machine, allow to go through
mixing cycle.  Stop machine.  Spray a piece of plastic wrap with G/F oil
spray.  Place a half cup or so of dough on wrap, spray a second piece
place on top of dough.  With your  hand press and shape the dough to the
desired thickness and diameter.  Place in freezer with wrap in tact.
When you wish to make pizza, remove frozen shell, remove plastic wrap,
place on greased foil, which has been placed on a cookie sheet.  Add
sauce and toppings, bake in 400 degree preheated oven for 15-20 minutes
or until done.  (Do not thaw shell before using)
(Beth Hillson from Gluten/Free Pantry at the CSA Conference Warwick RI
Nov.'98)

#5- and more recipes
Yeast Pizza Crust
Lieven
       2 c. oriental rice flour
       1 pkg. Red Star yeast
       2 tsp. xanthan gum
       1 tsp. sugar
       1/2-1 tsp. salt
       2 Tbs. vegetable oil
 1 1/3 c. very warm water
Mix dry ingredients.  Add water & oil, mix well.  (Dough should be GOOEY!)
Pat onto "Pam-ed" pizza pan.  Bake at 425 =BA for 10 min.  Remove from pan &
bake on pizza screen 5-10 minutes to crisp crust.  Remove from oven & top w/
favorites.  Return to oven & bake until done.  OR, cool & freeze (topped or
as a crust alone) for later use.
(Microwave variation for freezing: Shape dough into 6" rounds.  Cook as above
but cook on rack until crusts are browned.  Cool, top , & freeze in zip lock
bags. Micro- wave to reheat toppings & melt cheese.)

#6Yeast-free Pizza Crust
McShane
1/2 c. cornstarch
1/2 c. rice flour
2/3 c. milk or milk sub
   2 eggs
   1 tsp. salt
   1 Tbs. Italian spices
      Dash of garlic powder or salt
Mix gently, do not over-beat.
Pour batter into greased  pizza pan.
Bake at 425=BA for 20 minutes.
For crispier crust, brush top w/ oil & bake 5 minutes more.  Add sauce & bake
or freeze for future use.
(Opt=85Cook  on top of stove in a small fry pan like crepes.  Use medium-low
heat, cook until set, do not brown. Use a 6" pan for kid size.)

#7->I make this recipe on a pizza stone - I must admit that my pizza stone does

#8-EASY PIZZA
1 1/2 cups GF Flour Mix (recipe follows)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp.salt
1 tsp. sugar
7/8 cup lukewarm water
1 Tablespoon rapid-rising yeast
1 egg or 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 425.  Spray a baking sheet or 15" round pizza pan (or use
baking stone) with vegetable oil spray.  Blend together the flour, baking
powder, xanthan gum, and salt.  Set aside. Add sugar to the water and stir in
the yeast.  Let bubble slightly.  In a mixing bowl, beat with hand mixer at
low speed  the egg, oil and yeast water.  Beat in half the flour mixture.
With a spoon stir in the rest.  Pour the batter onto the prepared baking sheet
and spread with a spatula to a 12 1/2" circle with slightly raised edges.
Allow to rise about 10 minutes and then spread on sauce, cheese and other
toppings. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
GF Flour Mix:
6 cups white rice flour
2 cups potato starch flour
1 cup tapioca flour
If you like bisquick, you will like this recipe!