From:
Doug and Robin Schantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 14:13:53 -0500

Hi All,

I made this chocolate cake over the holidays and it was soooooo good.
It's totally GF, but full of fat, and it's just not the kind of recipe
you can substitute.  So, it's great for those once-in-a-while special
occasions.  Best of all, it was so easy to make, and only a few
ingredients were needed.

FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 1/2 sticks butter
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
2 oz. cocoa (unsweetened)
10 eggs, separated
3/4 c. sugar

1.  Butter a 10" springform pan and cut parchment to fit the sides and
bottom.  Butter and flour (I used cornstarch) the parchment once it's in
the pan.  Set aside.

2.  Melt butter in small saucepan.  Turn off heat and add chocolate and
cocoa.  Stir until well mixed.  Set aside.

3.  In a heavy-duty mixer whip the 10 egg whites.  Add sugar and
continue whipping until stiff peaks form.

4.  Whisk the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture once it's cooled.
Fold the chocolate mixture into the beaten egg whites.

5.  Bake at 350, 40-45 minutes.  The sides should be set when it's done
and the center should be slightly undone, but not mushy.  The top should
begin to crack slightly.  Do not overbake.  Let cool at room temp.
Tastes best when served at room temp, but refrigerate any leftovers.

ENJOY!

Robin in Michigan