From:
Rebecca Goyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:03:51 -0400

Hi everyone!

I noticed a post this morning about someone from Switzerland recommending
Toberlone bars as gf chocolate - and Swiss chocolate in general because of
the stringent manufacturing laws(?).  I have noticed that alot of Swiss
chocolate contains malt though, and I have noticed that I sometimes get
inexplicable rashes after eating foreign "innocent" chocolate (which may not
be properly labelled) and rashes are my usual reaction to barley.  Anyways,
we usually use toblerone bars for chocolate fondues, but fortunately, as my
mother was preparing our Christmas Eve fondue, she thought to look at the
ingredients and noticed that they now claim that they may contain wheat.  I
suspect the old packaging does not have this on it, because I went to my
father's house and they had a big toblerone bar with no wheat warning.  I
guess the moral of the story is if you really want Toblerone, you had better
call the company and see what gives.

Another one of my favourite treats gone...

Becky
Calgary, Alberta