From:
Heidi Bayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 09:11:08 -0400

HI!  This list has changed our lives!

Phoebe & I are new to this list.  Phoebe is my 15 m/o highly allergic
daughter.  She had a wicked reaction to some baby food last week and I
suspect (after not having had it for two weeks) it has undeclared wheat
starch in it.  Will call the manuf. next week.  Anyhow, it prompted me to
find this list, so here we are!  Gluten-Free at last!

She's been through RAST and skin tests and is allergic to:
Wheat/Barley/Oats/Eggs/Milk/Pineapple/Apples/Green Beans  and a list of
other foods we think may be hard for her to handle.

I realized when she was 4 m/o after she had a reaction to milk based
formula (after being exclusively breast fed) that she was going to be
an extremely allergic baby.  That and the absolutely terrible eczema
all over her body - from her nose to her toes.  I told myself that no
way were we going to start solids until I knew what to stay away from
due to family history of bad food allergies.

She's cleared up dramatically with diet change, but still has bouts -
like one right now which after reading the previous posts I think is
due to our new Kitchen cabinets!

I have many questions for you!

1.  How many people have had luck with Buckwheat?  Or Quinoa?
3.  How many cannot tolerate Brown Rice?
4.  For those not drinking milk, what's your favorite/most safe
Rice/Soy beverage?
5.  Anyone also allergic/sensitive to corn?
6.  Has anyone ever heard of the Julius Roth Foundation for eczema
sufferers?
7.  Is vanilla bean OK, whereas vanilla flavoring is not?
8.  Anyone here had life-long allergies?

This list has already helped me immensely.  Thank you all so much!  We
are looking forward to being a part of this list.

Heidi Bayer