From:
Marvin L Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 15:29:34 -0500

My apologies to those of you who share my feeling that this subject needs
no more discussion.  The criticism launched at whoever first labeled our
gluten free diet awful was unfair.  The original comment did not convey
to me any suggestion that our food is awful. The point being
made(correctly I think) is it's so stressful reading the fine print on
every product we purchase,  interviewing the server whenever we eat out
and planning our away from home food strategy whenever we travel.  If
those extra stresses are not awful I need some help in understanding what
is.  Granted it becomes less awful as we become more familiar with what's
required. Meanwhile we all know that we can continue to enjoy a very
healthy and delicious diet if we exercise care.
I hope all our list mates accept my opinion in the positive vein in which
I wish to convey it.
And thanks for the coconut cookie recipe.
  Marvin in Rochester,NY