Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:36:17 -0600
I have an old Gateway 486 full tower that I would like to upgrade to
something like the Celeron 300A.  It has a baby AT MB, and a 175Watt
PS which may be limiting factors.  I like the quality of the case however
and would like to keep it if possible.  What is the difference in the
Celeron and the PII?  Do they have similar FPUs?  What would be a good MB
option?

On another line, I have a HP Pavilion P100 system that has a floppy drive
problem--will not read a disk.  Drive is good, cabling good, and connected
properly.  I assume the onboard controller is bad.  I bought the unit
nonworking.  Is it possible to disable the controller somehow--bios? or
jumper?  and use an older controller card?

Thanks,
Edna sloan

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]