VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:47:58 -0500
Hi list members

Hope one or more of you not so novice-like people like myself can help me!!!

For the last day or so I have been trying to update my MCaffie (sorry about
the spelling) virus scanner.  However, I keep getting the message, once
on-line, that the network can't be reached.

I bought my computer with the virus scanner already installed, since when
I've had no contact with Mcaffie at all.  I have occasionally had prompts to
update the virus scanner but because I'm a little tentative about computers
have elected not to do so.  I wonder if, by not registering this product in
any way, I am ineligible for an Internet update or if indeed my server is
causing problems.

If anyone can advise I would be most appreciative.

Secondly, thanks to those list members who responded to my question about
defragging.  If somebody could give me specific instructions on the
removal/copying  of the JAWS authorisation key or tell me where to look
further for instructions, I would be appreciative.

Sorry to be a pain!!!

DOREEN.