VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jody Ianuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:03:48 -0400
I saw a segment on ABC news last night that really got my attention.  They
described a computer system that presents a 3-D hologram of the heart with
a tactual sensor interface.  You can " feel " the heart my moving the probe
and the resistance is similar to what you would feel in touching a real
heart.  This project was designed to train doctors, but I immediately
thought of how this type of interface could be used by blind people to
access graphics and 3-D images.  WOW!

JODY

"WE MUST BE THE CHANGE WE WISH TO
SEE IN THE WORLD" --Ghandi