From:
"Aaron D. Wieland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:44:47 -0500
Lady Ariel wrote:
>This is probably way
>way too much info, but I tend on the constipated side.  So, keeping my
>colon healthy is pretty important to me.  Then again eating broccoli
>and cabbage make things even worse which seems extremely odd as you'd
>think all that fiber would get things moving along quite well.

The constipation is probably caused by allergies, rather than a lack of
fiber.  Since the paleo-diet avoids many common food allergens, you may
notice an improvement.

>Another interesting thing...I looked at the Eat right 4 your type site
>and I'm B-....So it tells me I should avoid wheat and eat much fish.  I'm
>quite allergic to fish, but it's kind of interesting since I've tried
>cutting out wheat and have felt alot better.

Wheat is the number one food allergen in North America.  Are you really
allergic to *all* fish, or just certain species?  Allergies to cod, trout,
and mackerel, for example, are fairly rare [but cod is gross, in my opinion,
so I can understand why you might avoid it regardless ;-)].

Cheers,
-- Aaron