From:
Lady Ariel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 09:55:05 -0600
I'm new to this list also.  I've been looking at the low-carb route,
but quite frankly I can't seem to stick with it for more than a few
weeks.  So now, I'm looking at more of a paleo type diet.

What I'm looking for is a nice sort of in-between diet so that I am still
able to enjoy pizza or something on a special occasion and no I don't mean
the kind of special occasions that happen every single day at lunch. :)

I have been overweight since high-school and went to weight-watchers about
1 1/2 years ago.  I lost 37 lbs and now am stuck.  It doesn't seem to
matter what I try, those last 10 pounds are stuck and I really don't have
more energy than I did when I was overweight. Doctors and other people
kept telling me how I would have so much more energy and I wouldn't be
tired all the time if I lost weight.  So here I am...tired all the time
still sluggish as I was before.  I exercise 3 times a week which isn't
much but it's about all I can manage with my job and other things going
on.

Do you guys think a paleolithic diet would be a good fit?  I'm planning
to order neander-thin....and admittedly I need to do alot more reading
on a paleo-lithic diet. :) I'd appreciate any advice you have for someone
just starting out. The decaf coffee habit in the morning may be a bit hard
to part with, but it may be worth it if I feel better. :)