From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:00:03 -0700
Hi Patty,

>I don't know the translation for chontaduros.  I might know it by another
>name -- can you describe this food?

The other name is pejibaye. It is orange, kind of oval and is quite unique.
It is not sweet but starchy much like a potato but harder with a pit
inside. The diameter is about 1 1/2 inches.  They are sold at little street
stands all over the place in Colombia. I was addicted to them!
I think they are milled into flour in some places.

All the best,
Susan