From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 23:21:04 -0400
On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Michael Audette wrote:

> I can't agree with that.I could survive quite well in any H-G nich, any
> where in the world.

How do you know this?

> I don't see where there are genetic differences that
> would make any problems with what type of H-G diet any one would choose.

If there are not genetic differences, then how do you explain the
fact that when the Inuit and Australian aborigines take up
"civilized" diets, their diabetes rates are *higher* than the
norm?  This suggests that they are particularly well adapted to a
certain niche, and particularly maladapted to another, doesn't
it?

> For
> instance, Ray Prefers Inuit, Where as I, prefer to look at them all and
> choose what I like.

This was the question I was asking.  When we *mix* elements of
widely different H-G diets, do we risk losing the benefits?
I don't know the answer.  It's a *question*.

> Perhaps if you had to go out and hunt and gather, you'd lose that 15 lbs.

I get plenty of exercise, thanks.  But I eat a lot, too.

> Tell you what Buddy, I'm a little short. Why don't you send me some of that
> imported expensive game meat, that you enjoy so much to some of the rest of
> us who ain't as well off as you.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about.

> All your doing, is confusing any one new to
> this list.

Well, maybe you're right about that.  I like to think that people
know that my opinions are just my opinions, but maybe they are
getting in the way.

> A true H-G would starve if he nit-picked as much as you. You try
> to be an authority, but end up sounding like a layman.

I *am* a layman.  What I try to be is open to as much relevant
information as I can handle.  As I have stated on many occasions,
I am in general agreement with the ideas in Neanderthin, and
pleased with it as a way of eating.  But there are particulars
that are questionable, and I don't see any reason not to explore
those issues here.  But I am increasingly aware that this is a
mistake on my part, so I think it's best that I cease inflicting
my questions on the readers of this list.

All the best,

Todd Moody