NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:40:24 -0800
Be careful with steak houses - many cook steaks on a
flat top grill with butter to prevent sticking.  I
worked for Outback and they did this (found out the
hard way).

Manda
28 - Mom - Milk Allergic (updated signature :))

---Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have an igloo (I think Coleman/ Kolcraft) car
carrier. It has both
> cooling and warming functions, depending on which
way you plug it in. We
> use the cooler function when we travel distances
for lunchmeat, juice, etc.
> Haven't used it for heating/warming. There's also a
converter to plug it
> into a wall when you're at a hotel.
>
> When my husband and I are on vacation, we typically
eat canned tuna,
> chicken, fruit (+ Del Monte cups), applesauce,
Jello, (he buys bread and
> pudding, but they have milk). For eating out, I
learned that mom- and pop
> small resturaunts are the best for special orders
(they would know
> ingredients better, too). I've had good luck with
Italian places making up
> vegetables and noodles. Steak houses, too, usually
have milk and egg-free