C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Lara W. Cushing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:06:56 -0500
Elizabeth

My abdominal muscles are fairly strong, but the correction of compensating
and stepping up on my right toe caused those muscles to be so weak.  I
don't think that I will ever regain the muscles in my calf to stand up on
my right toes again.  I am biking and using ESTIM, as well as swimming,
but I am not sure that this is helping to increase these muscles and their
functions.  Since I am 21 and not returning to PT, I kind of feel like I
am left to fend for myself.

Sincerely Lara