C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barry Ashby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 08:20:10 -0400
Trisha,

I definately agree with you.  My older, "typically developing" boy wasn't
trained until just before turning three.  His body was then physically
ready.  Boys often need to be older than girls to gain the physical
readiness (longer urethra).  I have often heard parents brag about how
young they got their children potty trained and I never fail to wonder who
is really "trained"--child or parent (it is difficult to be tied to a potty
time scedule for very long).  ;)

Kim