BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Rabinowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 07:27:31 -0400
All of the bricks which line the vaults of the masonry arches in Central
Park are listed in the Park's Annual Reports from the original construction
dates as having been built with "Philadelphia brick".  They are universally
deep red and soft faced.  I think we were able to match them with custom
units from Belden during restorations.

I'm not sure if it was from them or another supplier but my memory is much
affected by my own chemistry experiments at RISD in the 70's.

Mark