BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 23:34:51 EDT
... and I am wondering where my Mint Julep is!

So, what did people do in the 19th C to keep cool? I know what we did, before
A/C. We sat out on the front porch in big wicker furniture and watched the
neighbors walk uptown to the ice cream parlor (ancient times... the 1950s). I
still sit out on my front porch (c. 1910 -- the porch, not me...) to catch
the evening breeze, but no neighbors are going by. They are all inside with
their A/C. Too bad. Nothing like a soft evening breeze to relieve the
memories of the hot day.

Now, if I only had one of those cute little frosty silver cups filled with a
sprig of mint and....? Gosh, I can never remember what they put in a Mint
Julep... maybe I'll get me a Starbucks Frappacino instead.

-- One Hot Toddy