From:
"Brandt, Chuck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:46:27 -0400

I just came back from a camp in Maryland where there was a swing dance
weekend.  Meals were provided but I was on my own and without kitchen
privileges.  Although I lost 9 lbs., I managed to eat enough not to be
hungry.  What I was wondering was whether anyone knew of products that were
ultra-high in either complex carbs or protein.  I intend to go to more
events like these and there really isn't time to prepare meals.  Meal time
is usually just an hour between workshops and dances.  It's buffet.  You
take your food and eat.  There are the obvious things to bring: nuts,
fruits, veggies, canned fish/meat.  What I'm looking for is something out of
the ordinary that I might not know of or think of, something like a
meal-in-a-pill (concentrated nutrition just to get through the weekend).  I
kept my food in a big box at the foot of my bed and it'd be nice to reach
in, open one can of something, add a piece of fruit for dessert and have the
equivalent of a complete meal.

Without a frig, things like yogurt are out.  Without a freezer, my GF bread
crumbled, so bread is practically useless. Without a microwave, everything
is unheated.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck (Delaware)