From:
Pamela S Bedient <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:09:18 -0500

For Your Information to all list serve members:

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 15:28:35 -0400 Judy Tillinger
[log in to unmask]> writes:

" In my letter I neglected to mention that they [Boca Burgers] would be
the ONLY gf meatless burger on the market, so if anyone writes them, that
might be a good thing to mention."

Boca Burgers are not the only Meat free GF burger on the market.  Hearty
and Natural produces  "Veggie Burger Patties" that say on the label "NO
Wheat, No Gluten, No MSG, No HVP, No Dairy, No Preservatives".  It is
very good.  They also sell the burger in a roll like hamburger and
"Veggie Chicken Patties" that come in  plain and in herb flavors.  I
think they are O.K., but I love chicken, still, so nothing compares.  The
company name on the box is Springhill Farm Foods Inc., Minneapolis, MN
55449.  I buy them in the Natural food section of my local IGA Grocery
store.  Some of the ingredients look suspect, but I've never had a gluten
reaction with them.  I definitely used to react to Boca Burgers before
they changed their labels and let me know they weren't gluten free (as
the box used to say).

Pam
Champaign, IL