From:
Jeanean Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 09:30:07 -0500

Greetings!

I have been using The Vitamin Shoppe Multivitamin (without added iron)
labeled "From the Earth".  Similar to GNC Vitamins it has a box on the label
that states NO yeast, corn, wheat, sugar, salt, soy, starch, milk, dairy,
gluten, eggs, or fish.  When I read the breakdown of ingredients however it
says it contains wheat grass juice and barley grass juice.  This confuses
me.  I would think these would be no-no's.  I would greatly appreciate if
someone could explain it to me.  To top it off, in the Enzymes category, it
lists Oat Bran.  How can this contain NO gluten?

Also, it contains Echinacea.  I've read the two recent posts about not
taking Echinacea because it boosts the immune system.  But why is it bad?
Don't we want to help our immune system?

I've been on this list about two months and have gotten a lot from it, even
the bickering.  Feels just like family!

Thanks in advance,

Jeanean Davis
Edison, New Jersey