From:
Andrea R Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:23:30 -0400

I am listing all the replies I received. Most were verified within the last
few weeks!

 As of September 30, 1999, per Janet Vasilenko:
 The following are GF:

 Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. -

 Tootsie Rolls,  Tootsie Roll Twisties,  Frooties,  Dots,  Crows,  Tropical
Dots,  Child's Play,  Tootsie Pops,  Caramel Apple Pops,  Mutant Fruitant
Pops,  Orange Cream pops

 Charms Company -

 Blow Pops,  Way-2-sour-Blow Pops,  Charms Pops,  Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da Pops,
Pops Galore,  Charms Squares,  Charms Sour Balls,  Family Fun

 Cella's Confections -

 Cella's Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries
 Cella's Dark Chocolate Covered Cherries

 Cambridge Brands -

 Junior Mints,  Charleston Chew,  Pom Poms, Caramel-A-Lot,
 Candy Magic,  Sugar Daddy,  Sugar Babies,  S'Moresels
**************
 Only Milky Way Dark is gluten free and
**************
Nestle
Butterfinger, Butterfinger BB's, Baby Ruth, Chunky, Nestle's milk chocolate,
Oh! Henry, Sweet Tarts, Spree, Bit-O-Honey, Pearson's Nips, Nestle Turtles,
SnoCaps, Goobers, Raisinets, Nestle Treasures (except Crunch), David's
Sunflower seeds (except Ranch), David's Sunflower Kernels, David's Pumpkin
seeds
*****************
Hershey's traditional caramel
Hershey's bars- milk chocolate
Reese's Peanut butter cups
******************
Godiva chocolate
Snickers
*************
Farley's
This information was given to 3 people by Farley's:
They do not add any wheat to their candies unless listed and they do not
flour their lines. Since they do make some wheat products, they feel
compelled to list the ingredients since it is possible that a miniscule
trace amount of gluten could remain on the lines after being washed or even
in the air.

Their Candy Corn does not have Gluten as an ingredient.
One lady was told they would be able to take the warning off by next year
because they will be eliminating the wheat in that facility.
All M&M's- yes even the crunchy ones!!! Made with rice flour-this was
verified by two people with the company
Wow looks like we will have a great Halloween
There are more candies that are gluten free, so if you do not see your
favorite listed here- check with the manufacturer!

I will summarize again if I get more info
Andrea Howe