From:
"JOHN P. KASSIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:06:10 -0000

  My 5 year old daughter would really like to have the General Mills
(Betty Crocker) Fruit Gushers and Fruit by the foot etc.

Does anyone know if they are safe?  The only seemingly suspect
ingredient is the monoglycerides and of course the ever present possible
cross contamination from other General Mills products.

I have searched the archives and read that most of you who have
contacted General Mills in the past have not had much success with them.

Since my daughter does not have any classic symtoms or reactions to
gluten, It's hard to tell if something is not "safe".

Thanks,
Beth
El Dorado Hills, CA