From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:49:40 -0500

My daughter was never thrilled with spaghetti squash until I came up
with this variation (gf, of course) of what my mother used to call
Polish Macaroni & cheese.

Cut a spaghetti squash in half across the "equator"  Nuke for about
19--10 min or until soft.

While the squash is nuking, saute one onion in butter, very slowly until
soft and translucent.  Add several(to taste) garlic cloves, minced, and
one portobello mushroom, chopped to the onions and stir until cooked.
Sprinkle with salt & pepper and a grating of fresh nutmeg.

Add one tub gf cottage cheese or pkg of farmer's cheese and combine.

Take cooked spaghetti squash and with a sharp spoon, remove seeds and
Pull out thread of spaghetti squash.  Combine with sauce.  Sprinkle with
walnuts, if desired & serve.  It is also good at room temperature.

You can use this sauce over gf pasta as well.