Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:56:05 EST
From:
Laura Oconnell <[log in to unmask]>

Dear list,
sorry for the delay, here is a summary of the info I compiled from your
replies for hamburger veggie patty.
Thanks to everyone who expressed interest, both info and questions.

I have received many replies about the brands: Boca Burgers "Original Vegan",
Topps Vegetable Burger, and Natural Touch "Origianl veggie burger kit" and
"Southwestern burger kit".
Of these products I only tried Boca and I had a reaction.  I am senstitve, you
may choose to try them.

I also received a recepie:
soak about 1 cup of organic dried soybeans overnight in about 3-4 cups of
water.
The next day simmer them in a crock-pot for about 3 hrs, or until they are
darker and really soft.  Drain the liquid and mash them really well (i
experiment with various ingredients, chopped onions, garlic, sesame seeds,
etc....if the mixture doesn't hold well, add GF flour (such as pancake mix) or
cooked brown rice to "beef-up" the mixure until it forms patties. (the same
mixture of mashed soybeans, when mixed with eggs makes a great souffle)

Thanks again,
Laura in Atlanta