From:
John Baeyens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 21:44:47 +0200

Hi there,

My first message and I guess it won't be my last.

First of all I want to thank all people who gave me so much support the last
days.  I will get back to all of you personally, but as I was overwhelmed
with advice, this might take me sometime.

Never mind my parents I have an appointment at the university hospital in
Ghent next week, with the doctor who duagnosed me as an IBS -'patient'.

I have some questions to ask you all before I visit him.  I really can't
start a GF diet before i visit them.  And even when I would be
Celiac-positive, which probably will be the case, it will take some time
before I will be able to follow a strict GF-diet; I guess it won't work here
in-house and I would have to wait till I can move out, which won't be before
I hand in my final thesis (15th June), as I am rather busy composing it at
the moment.
I must admit that I have quite some respect for all of you.  I just returned
from the States and I don't see how I would have been able to follow this
diet abroad.  Are you still able to travel.  I can't image me visiting a
restaurant with a strict GF-diet.  But I would do anything to get rid of the
pains.

Some questions:

1.Are there any doctors out there who have read my fysical condition?  Could
you write me a note, as this would be of much use opn the hospital-visit.
2.I have received quite some colleagues with the 'blue-hands' syndrome.  I
would like to go further in this and see if there is a connection.  I was
convinced that there was no link, but after all these mails I realise this
can't be a coincidence.
3. How can I be screened positive with Celiac?  Is there a test without the
awful colonscopy-experience?
4.What are the side-effects of Celiac.  I've read something on DH,
infertility, loosing eye-sight, skelet-problems.  I must say that I have
intestianl problems for quite a few years and that I have never been treated
aparet from trivial medication like Dicetel and Immodium.

One laste question and I hope I won't offend anyone with this one, but I
would like to help prevent other people going through the same awful
adolescence as I did.  At 15 I was the kind of yuppish good looking fellow
in high school; although I have no TC, I guess they would have called me a
9021 or baywatch-boy in the States (but than not that well-tanned...).  As
everyone I got some tiny acne spots and I changed my diet drastically.  I
didn't eat less, but almost a non-fat, high-fiber diet.  After some months
the acne went away (most thanks to Benzo-cream) but I reamined on the diet
for years.  I guess that an over-intake of fibers can do harm to people.
Here in Belgium there are all kinds of campaigns for high-fiber diets, and
people eat sugar free gums with the awful laxative Sorbitol, Xylitol and
other stuff.  I don't knwo if there is a relation between the diet and
Celiac, but if so I think we should cooporate to make people aware of the
plausible negative consequences.

John
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
RIVERLAND PUBLICATIONS
JOHN BAEYENS
Grote Moortel 7
B-9830 Sint-Martens-Latem
BELGIUM

E-Mail:   [log in to unmask]
Voice:    (+32)9 282 79 75
Fax:       (+32)9 282 86 97
Web:     http://www.riv.nl/heatwave/John/john.htm
   DON'T GAMBLE ON MARKETING, INVEST IN IT !
Graduating at BME (Business & Marketing Education)
                          Thesis subject:
                   'Internet Marketing Plan:
 a practical approach to development and execution'