From:
Martin Purbrook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 19:25:56 GMT

[snip]

-> On Feb 16,  6:57am, Karen Bulmer wrote:
->
-> } Here (Canada) our
-> } allowed food list includes malt vinegar and rye whiskey

[snip]

-> No, here in the US vinegar is on our forbidden list because it's
-> distilled from grain.
->
-> I wonder if anyone has done any comparison studies of celiac health
-> and recovery in England and Canada, where the rules seem to be much
-> less strict, compared to the US? If there is no real difference, it
-> would seem we are being restricted unnecessarily.

[snip]

I'd be interested in comparative stats, as the whole "non-GF-but-
allowed-in-UK" business is annoying/distressing me at the moment.
However, I don't think I'm particularly sensitive to gluten (that is, I
cannot tell when I've eaten it), so I'll have to rely on the other 12
UK subscribers to let us know.

Regards to all,

Martin Purbrook