From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:40:33 -0500
Chris,

Can you be a little more specific about
"... the system does not... recognize it's existence..."

Do you mean the PC does not "see" the port or the PC does not "see" the
camera?
When you use the camera software to "hook up" to the camera and download
the pix, what is the error message that you get?
Have you checked your CMOS settings to make sure COMM 2 is turned on?

Answers to these questions, will help us help you.
One last thing..... you can not use the modem and the camera at the same
time.  Well, to be more accurate, you can't use COMM 2 & 4 at the same
time and you can't use COMM1 & 3 at the same time.  (But this probably
isn't your problem.)

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====