From:
Tom Sykora <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:20:26 -0600
HI
I am currently considering buying a Amquest Hypermodem to replace my old
Etech.  Amquest used to be a top rated modem, but then was sold to KDS.  I
find the  allure of being able to buy a internal data/voice/fax/svd for
thirty dollars too hard to resist, unless I get some negative feedback here
from this post re Amquest.  One thing that makes this a easier decision, is
the simple, easy to follow information on the Amquest web site, re drivers,
installation, etc.   PCWorld had a Amquest modem in its top ten list for
February, and when I consider lifetime warranty, and toll free support,
decisions get easier.    I did have a USR winmodem and the toll calls and
trouble I had with that winmodem left a bit of a sour taste for the
undisputed modem leader.
Tom Sykora    www.amquestmodem.com