From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:20:40 -0800
On 22 Jan 99, at 10:57, John Chin wrote:

> If this is a wipe and clean mission and won't be saving anything
> anywhere on the drive, I suggest you do a low level format ("LLF"). That
> would "refresh" the low level formatting of the drive itself. You need
> special LLF software specifically designed for this hard drive. Go to
> the maker's web site for the LLF software.

  To repeat:

> You need special LLF software specifically designed for this hard
> drive. Go to the maker's web site for the LLF software.

  Note that this is an exception -- probably the only one! -- to the
rule that IDE/EIDE drives should not be low-level formatted by end
users.  Attempting to do so with a tool not specifically designed for
the drive may ruin it beyond practical repair!

David G
David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html