From:
Snowlight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 18:27:44 -0700
---------
| From: James Crocker
| On TV yesterday I saw some very fat people (400, 500lbs, and more).  They
| claimed they couldn't help but be fat, while they sat there eating
| chocolate covered donuts during the interview.  I also know people who
| claim to have hormone problems, and are very obese.  They say that
| nothing they do will allow them to lose weight.  I am sure they do have
| medical troubles, but it is hard to have much sympathy when they tell you
| over a giant pizza and soda.  Bottom line, if a person is heavier
| than they want to be they eat more calories than they burn.
===============================

I take offense to such statements that obese individuals are eating pizza
and donuts and claiming they cannot lose weight.  That was stereotyping!
It's hard for you to have sympathy?  There is no "bottom line" when it
comes to obesity, there are obese people who do not consume as many
calories as you do, and they gain weight.  Since you have never been obese,
I wonder how you think you can make such blanket statements.
Snowlight
239.5/237/140
LC since 9/13/98