NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 13:24:01 EST
On 23 Dec 1999  Sally Flanagan wrote:
>My husband and I have been contributing members of this parish for the 6
>years of our marraige...I guess it is time for me to take up my sword and
shield and >go to battle.

Sally: Sometimes just a little public pressure works wonders. The thought of
a public relations embarrassment may be enough to get the school to rethink
their decision. I agree with Don; try approaching the principal first, but if
that doesn't work then go to the press. Call the local paper; that story will
definitely pique their interest. The church denies a place to a child because
he has a...FOOD sensitivity? That makes him too inconvenient to educate, and
it's "not be a good year" for him to start school? When would a good year be,
considering he may or may not ever grow out of it? This seems completely
discriminatory to me. Could they exclude him if he was in a wheelchair? The
public fallout would be disastrous for any school.
Good luck. Like it isn't hard enough to have an LI or allergic child in
school to begin with.
Libby