NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:07:09 -0700
: My son is starting Nursery School in January, and I am in need of some
: dairy free snack ideas to provide for approximately 15 - 20 children.  I
: would really appreciate your help with this as I have to donate snack
: anywhere between 2 or 3 times a month.

muffins are always a big hit, and pretty easy to make dairy-free.  Here's
my favorit pumpkin muffin recipe.  The other ideas are good, too.  Graham
crackers, Ritz crackers, poptarts, jello, trail mix (cheerios, pretzels, raisins)

Laurie (and Alyssa, 5yo, allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts and walnuts)

RECIPE:

Pumpkin Bread (or muffins)

3 1/3 cups flour
2     tsp  soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1     tsp cinnamon
1     tsp nutmeg
1/2   tsp ginger
1/4   tsp cloves
1     cup oil
4         eggs (I use Ener-G Egg Replacer for Alyssa)
2/3   cup water
1     tsp vanilla
2     cups canned pumpkin (I use one can, which is about 2 cups!)
2     cups white sugar
1     cup brown sugar

Mix dry ingredients, including sugars, in a bowl.  Make a well and add other
ingredients.  Mix until smooth.  Divide into 3 greased loaf pans (3 big ones,
or six mini loaves, or lots and lots of muffins).  Bake at 350 for 1 hour (a
bit less for smaller loaves/muffins - maybe 40 minutes).