CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dana Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 22:49:56 +0000

I received many responses (thank you everyone for your advice, encouragement
and tips). Some said just keep him GF; it’s not that bad, he won’t know what
his missing, don’t subject him to more tests, etc. Others felt I should see a
Gastro Enterologist to confirm; why deprive him if it’s not necessary. I
thought when I asked my pediatrican about the blood tests he would refer me to
a GastroEnterologist, but he said they had done them before. I plan to do this
now. It is already difficult when he is around other kids eating goldfish,
cheerios and pretzels. It will be terrible once he gets in school and social
situations. I know some of you don’t feel that way, but being celiac myself, I
find it is hard enough dealing with it as an adult. I want him to eat REAL
pizza, REAL French bread and REAL pasta. I’m from NY, and there is nothing
like the real thing. Travel is also very difficult, and what about the
birthday parties at McDonalds and the pleasure of eating an oreo? So, I will
proceed with further tests by a QUALIFIED doctor.

Thank you all and I will keep you posted.
Dana Savage
Richmond, VA