C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 11:10:58 -0400
Denise,

A number of people on the CP Dystonia list have pumps, are doing one form or
another of Baclofen.  They may be helpful.  Sarah Jayne Davies runs the
list, walks the walk.

Is there a "rush" to "cure" from undesignated sources going on.  Or are you
at another stage of agony with your pain.  Whichever.  Take your time.  I
know that pain and muscle lock erodes living, the quality and range of
activities.  Be certain before you let the Doc's tamper.  They make their
$$$ no matter the outcome.  You live/suffer the consequences.

Why not oral Baclofen first, then the pump if need be?  Every technology has
drawbacks.

I'll send more info/urls over the weekend.  Meantime start at:

        <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/c-palsy.html>

Hugs,

ISM