VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jamie Seeger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jamie Seeger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:37:24 -0400
Hello everyone.
I am a totally blind person going to college.  Currently I am using a HP scan jet 5200 C scanner with Kurzweil version 4.0.  I am experiencing an annoying problem.  When I first boot my computer and go into the program and want to do a second page, my computer hangs up.  It causes me to reboot.  Once I do this it seems to work fine.  Sometimes when I reboot it does not work fine.  So far, I have had a local person come and look at it twice, called another local tech support person several times, and called Kurzweil tech support.  Each time they get it to work right, but when I go to use it again, it does not work.  The Kurzweil tech support say that the precision scan is getting in the way and had me change something in the control panel.  Though, this change is not sticking.  Kurzweil tech support people want to blame the problem on something with windows.  One of my local tech support people want to place the blame on the Kurzweil program.  I am not really sure where to go from here.  I am tired calling tech support people and getting no where.  Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Jamie Seeger
E-mail [log in to unmask]