Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:42:10 +0200
I recently thought of buying a printer, and due to money limits, couldn't
afford myself something more expensive than say the HP DJ722, so
that my discussion is more with cheaper models but I still believe that it
has some general claims.

As usual when I decide to buy something, I check with Dejanews to see
opinions on the different models, I got the impression, that although
from the point of quality, Epson has an advantage, and Canon also, the
Lexmark 5000 got excellent opinions, While there were many complains
about Epson related to reliability/durability. HP was the least from the
point of quality of printings, but almost no complains about problems.

As to Lexmark, the opinions were rather different for different models.
The 5000 which I cosidered got good opinions.

As for Canon, it was somewhere in the middle, and I myself had very
bad experience with the inks of Canon, (a bit of moisture cause a lot of
harm to printings), so I didn't cosider it. At last I decided to go either
with the Lexmark 5000 or with the HP722, and due to the lack of a good
support for Lexmark in Israel, I decided to go with the 722.

Even if my recommendation do not hold for the specific models
discussed in this thread, my recommendation is to check for the
reviews of the specific models via searching with Dejanews (power
search, check on http://www.dejanews.com) - each opinion should not
be taken too seriously, but the statistics is usually high enough to get a
good picture.

Uzi

On 24 Jan 99, at 16:21, Pinelands <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I think that Canon has just brought out a printer that uses separate cartridges
> instead of the usual 2.
>
> Personally I reccommend either Epson or Canon they are both exeptionaly good
> printers. Why aren't you keen to get the new 6colour printers, their only
> disadvantage is that they arean't as good on text as the 4colour tho this may
> just be an epson fault, as now the text looks like its from an ink-jet instead
> of a laser, but thats something you can probably manage without :-)
>
> For quality HP and Lexmark suck, unless you buy the absolute TOP of the range
> even then its only so-so

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html