From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:19:54 -0600
I install the PureTek PT-3511 on a very regular basis and have found it to
be very reliable and to setup. I have also done my unscientific testing on
V.90 modems and found that the PT-3511 downloaded files off of the internet
as quickly on average as the USRobotics and a couple of other name brand
modems.

Depending on your system type, you want to make sure that you are purchasing
the correct modem for your system. The PT-3511 requires only a 486 class
system or better, while the PT-3515 requires at least at P-150 because it is
a soft modem and uses your systems CPU for most of its processing.

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
Phone: 512-949-2085 (Corpus Christi)
Toll Free 888-918-5467
Fax: 512-949-9357
Quality over Quantity
http://www.computersalacarte.com

>I have the opportunity to buy a US robotics 56k v.90 modem or a Puretek
V.90
>modem.
>Which one should I go for? Both modems have exactly the same features but
>very
>different prices.
>In what way would the US RObotics modem be better the Puretek modem?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html